October At Its Best

 

October At Its Best


Well folks, it’s still autumn in Lawrence, the leaves in the trees are orange and red, and it’s that time of year again…Halloween.

Oh man, you can't imagine how much fun I've had when I lived in Lawrence. And I gotta tell you guys, it was the best time I've had.

Here's some stories that I wanna share with you in today's blog.

I remember the time in downtown Lawrence there was a huge zombie walk that started from the Lawrence Community Building to roaming the streets downtown. I really enjoyed it a lot and filming the whole scene there and seeing Sellout perform songs on stage. If you haven't noticed just yet, I made videos about it and put it on YouTube years ago. One was with my puppet Buzzy on Halloween, and one with a fake movie trailer I made called 'Wake of the Dead'. In case you remember, here's the links.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNYJRkgXXU&t=7s

Buzzy's Halloween Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUTIBMGHzs

Wake of the Dead [Fake Trailer]


(Just in case.)


I also remember the time I went trick-or-treating downtown too. I got myself some candy, dressed up in costume, and walked around with some friends of mine. Like that time I got together with Eric and Jill along with the kids. I was dressed up as Gene Simmons of KISS.



That other Halloween that year was also the time I was dressed up as Skrillex. I can imagine myself running those dubstep sounds in public and jamming out to his music. Okay like one time I was listening to Skrillex on my iPod on my way back to Kurt's house, the song was 'First of the Year (Equinox)' and the samples in this song was really really loud! The brostep noises sounded like a scary monster and sprites growling and screaming on a blown out speaker. Pretty cool, huh.



Okay now here's the next thought for next time I come back in the future. When I come back here once again, I wanna have a Halloween party somewhere at Americana Music Academy or at the community building in downtown Lawrence. We can have fun, dance, play my favorite music, enjoy some snacks and some punch, and maybe have some pizza too. I will always remember having a Halloween party here at Americana that evening. I invited everybody here at Americana as we got everything set up including that fog machine. Everyone enjoys that too. Ah, the memories. I can't get that out of my head. Stephanie and David was here, and so does Lois, my friends from school, my family, even Katie.

I also remember when I was in Best Buddies that night and we painted pumpkins into art. Mike's pumpkin was painted in a few things. A stuffed animal duck, Chicago Cubs, the Kansas City Chiefs logo, a pumpkin face, a smiley face, flowers, a peace sign, and a football. Even Nina was there too. She painting a pumpkin too. And one of the members made scarecrows on paper. So you may ask yourself "How many pumpkins can you paint in a period of time?".

There's also the time I visited Schaake's Pumpkin Patch. We got together for pumpkins, tried some apple cider, and finding a way of the giant maze.



That was really fun, and I really wanna do that again soon once the time comes.


When I join Best Buddies again, I've thought about having a Halloween party at the community building , at Americana, or maybe at South Park at west of Massachusetts Street, across the street from the William Kelly Bandstand. That would be a blast to enjoy that time of year. We can even have snacks, soda, and punch, and maybe some pizza too. I wonder what kind of music I could put on next.

 [Caution: May included song requests]


My next future plan for October is hanging out with my friends Stephanie and David. She might even plan on spending some time with me. Such as seeing a halloween movie, go on some Halloween adventures somewhere in Lawrence, go to a Halloween party downtown (that too), etc.  Also maybe hang out with my friend Mr. Andrew at Free State High School as they celebrate Halloween early with a special indoor party. I remember when I was celebrating Halloween with my colleagues at Free State High School. We had a costume contest, hung out, and we played around and put on some music. That was fun too. I'd wish I could do that again some other day. Maybe he and I can do the same thing like last time. I'm thinking Salty Iguana.

P.S. Back in the day on Halloween, my family and I went trick-or-treating that night and on the way back we got to see Lois Orth-Lopes and she got me candy too.

 Thanks, Lois.

I believe that's all for now. Stay tuned following the next blog is some ideas to discuss on IdeaSpark.

Have a safe and happy Halloween.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)