My List of Things To Do Before I Move Back To Lawrence

 


Hey there folks, it’s me again! I know it’s too early for that but now would be a good time to talk about that. So as you may know, in five years from now or soon I’ll be moving back to Lawrence Kansas.

So to start things off, I wanna review a list of things to do before I move back there.


1. Clean out the garage.

When it comes to garage clean up, it gets really simple to think about. So for example, if I were to take down the old posters I don't want, I'd throw them away. Especially when they're worn out and a bit dirty. Just a bit of a thought. So I'd say look for dirty posters and throw them away or just recycle them. Secondly, I'm gonna take the time to find some things that were inside the garage for so long and find things that I wanna keep and things I don't want. In fact, it's like volunteering in your community.


2. Get organized.

It takes a lot of time to save plenty of space when it comes to moving. In fact there’s plenty more where that came from. Start by going through your belongings room by room, sorting items into “keep,” “donate,” “recycle,” and “throw away” piles. You can also make a “give away” pile if you plan to give your stuff to family or friends, and a “sell” pile. Box any keepers that you won’t need till after the move. Especially ones in the garage. Now get this… When it comes it moving, there’s always boxes. So when I plan on doing that, I’m gonna need to organize all my CD’s, movies, video games, art supplies, etc. We’ll get to that later on in the future.


3. Find things you don't want/things you wanna keep.

Now we’ve been through this before, so here what I should do when I move back to Lawrence. Look for stuff I can keep and not to keep, including things that are empty. I’ll be keeping all my stuffed plush toys and others for my room. I’m also gonna take the time to find some art that I haven’t sold just yet and sell it. I’ll come up with something else I can keep when I get this story updated.


4. Vacuum the floors.

When cleaning the house, it’s always important to keep it nice and tidy. (Like always.) But not just vacuuming the floors but I can also do one other thing, use my Swiffer. That’s another way of getting cleaning up done real quicker. One quick note on that one, clean off all the dust from the house and vacuum it also because you don’t wanna end up sick or get an allergy attack.


5. Stay In Touch With My Friends

Now I know I’ve told you about this before in the previous blog entries, but I will tell you on my next blog right here. When I’m living in Lawrence Kansas once again, I’ll get in touch with my friends from South Carolina including my Walmart associates (Jacqueline Turner, Harrisene Clemens, Others), Enzo Calvo, Katerina Plew Kelly, Zamara, etc. How? By using FaceTime on my iPad or my computer and Google Meet on my phone. That way I will never leave them hanging so that I can talk to them and get in contact with them. Plus whenever I feel like visiting Bluffton and Hilton Head for vacation, I can get the chance to reunite with my friends from work and the friends I hang out with.


6. Organize your posters

Before I move back here and live in my next condo in Lawrence Kansas, it's important that I pack away as many posters I got as possible inside a box that can fit. That's why I'm gonna come up with a moving box to stack up posters I can keep and throw away or at least recycle old posters I don't need anymore. So you might be asking yourself, how many posters can you fit in a period of time? Nobody knows for sure how many you can fit, as long as you keep it real with the storage you organize when it comes to moving back to Lawrence.


7. Organize some entertainment

When moving back to Lawrence Kansas, it’s also important to sort out music CD’s, video games, movies, some magazines, and the books I enjoy reading. So how do we do all of this? Well, just do it one box at a time. Start with the CD’s, then the books and magazines I’ve been saving, and after that comes the DVDs of any kind. For instants, make a DVDs box and pack of every movie I love watching no matter what I watch. Another thing, make a box for books and magazines. That way things get be more easier and not to cluttered. Another smart way to get organized.


8. Extra space ideas

When extra space in my next condo in Lawrence is needed, there’s always room for some storage ideas for kitchen, pantry, closets, and many others. Let’s start off with the kitchen. We need storage containers for cereal, pasta, snacks, sugar, flour, and etc. for the kitchen and pantry just in case. Also some pitchers for juice, milk, or other drinks to store and save for later. Oh, and I almost forgot. Airtight containers for fruits and vegetables of any kind to keep them extra fresh and will last longer. But do me a favor on this one, don’t let your foods get too moldy. That would be disgusting. If you haven’t heard of moldy soup, it’s a ZOOM do I saw on an episode of ZOOM back in the day.



9. Pace Yourself

While planning the move, it’s always nice to help people out. But when it comes to lifting heavy things, it can get a little hard to do. And sometimes it’s important to take it slow when you lift something heavy, like the stove, the refrigerator, the furniture, everything. You might feel a little bit sore from lifting heavy stuff, but it’s nice to help.


10. Get everything ready

After you got everything ready for moving back to Lawrence, you’re all set. But right now, it takes a lot of time to do all of this before it happens. Now as you may know, I have plenty of time left before I get to move back to Lawrence Kansas. That means that I have a lot of time to do other things here in Bluffton. I gotta work on my Bluffton blog first of all to capture my stories about it though. And I tell you on this one, it’ll be awesome when people watch it. I hope I can make it look good.


Okay, now that we’re getting things warmed up here, I will give you more of a list of things to do before the move. But remember that I’ve got a lot to talk about before this happens. I’ll have you know that I will keep you updated on the next step. By the way, if you like my blog about a list things before moving back to Lawrence, let me know on some ideas to make this move really easier.

So there you have it, my list of things to do before moving to Lawrence Kansas. And that’s all for this one, check back later for more Lawrence Kansas blog stories coming your way real soon. Catch you guys on the flip side and see you real soon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)