Bonus Blog: "Sweat Like James Brown" Music Video Idea


 We interrupt this program to bring you a special Bonus Blog


Hey there boys and girls! Please put your hands together for...The Majestics Rhythm Revue!

[imitating crowd cheering noise]




I have called you here today for an imortant announcement to make. I'd thought maybe it would be a really really really really, REALLY great idea to come up with an idea on a music video for the song 'Sweat Like James Brown' by The Majestics Rhythm Revue. You've heard their music off of their first album Digga! Digga!, and now the time has come to talk about it.

We're gonna take to the streets of downtown Lawrence and do a lot of filming here. What we need is a video camera for the footage, the song on my iPad, and someone to star in my next music video idea.

Here’s who I’m gonna audition to star. Since I’m the director for this idea.


Thom Alexander (My dad)

Lois Orth-Lopes

Sebastian Alfie

The good folks from Americana Music Academy

Kurt Henning & Elizabeth Tally

Eric & Jill Fitzmorris with the kids

Jocelyn Kitchen

Michael Brown

Nancy Trober

Terri Laddusaw

Michael Paull

Darrell Andrew


Background shots of people will be dancing to this song too.


Places around downtown Lawrence will be:

Lawrence Public Library

South Park

Cordley Elementary School

Central Junior High

Free State High School

KU (University of Kansas)

Jayhawk Boulevard

The murals

Etc.


I can do the editing after recording the footage, so that I’ll try and make it even more fun. And when I do, everyone will try and see it. Lawrence Kansas is gonna flip when they see my next music video idea come to life. I swear it’ll be fun!


The reason I came up with this next idea for this music video is that I feel like a sex machine as I’m moving it and grooving it. You know. I wanna get into it, man.


Plus, who wouldn’t want this music video complete without my favorite puppets. I’m choosing Rocky Fox because it’s my next other choice since I was working on videos with Buzzy the Bee. Speaking of which, I really gotta get my puppet Buzzy updated and fixed though. I’ll have to let my dad know because his mouth is sticking and the latex is wearing out whenever I move Buzzy’s mouth with my hand. And the sweat was making my hands damp. I really got get my bee puppet in shape so it won’t start breaking again and getting worn out/torn apart. I hope I do. I’ll give you a couple more updates on my next puppet ideas later.


“Sweat Like James Brown” is also an original song by the band, Thom Alexander and Jen Brabec were singing in it too.



In case you don’t know what lyrics of this is just yet, here’s the words to the song.


[intro]

HEY!


[first verse]

I’m uptight, and it gets me down.

This ain’t working, but you’re jerking around.

Late at night, I’m just fooling around.

And when you put the dress on and you head yourself uptown, you just ain’t working unless you sweat like James Brown.


[second verse]

Look sharp. The men are hanging around.

Smell sweet and pass it on down.

A Cadillac is gonna drive us uptown.

And when you wear the wig hat and your hair is hanging down, you must be working cause you sweat like James Brown.


[bridge]

Where were you baby when the sixties came around?

Were you wearing leather or some ripped-in party gown?

Were you working Philly or some other grace in town?

Or did you learn your jive ways as you dance to James Brown? YOW!


[instrumental break]


[third verse]

Sweet sweat down your neck and your blouse.

Huzzow! We’re heading back to your house!

I can’t wait to get your taste in my mouth!

And when you get the dress off, I’m the biggest man in town!

You’re gonna think baby, you’ve been worked like James Brown!



There you have it. The lyrics to the song ‘Sweat Like James Brown’. I’ll let you know if I can update the lyrics and make them right this time.


Now here’s the premise on what will happen in this music video.

In this video, it starts with eight people at the Kansas Union doing the count from one to eight, then it cuts to me playing air guitar at 6th and Mass St. as I shout “HEY!” on camera. As the guitar intro’s going, the drums are heard when I start jamming as I begin the dance. The beat now starts to play when the scene cuts to various people in Lawrence Kansas start to dance and lip sync the lyrics to the song in many various ways. During the instrumental break while the dancing is still going, we see someone playing the jazz trumpet solo, then a guitar riff starts playing. Then cut to a montage of my friends lip syncing the final verse of the song, followed by the scene where me and my dad all sing the final lyric saying “ You’re gonna think baby, you’ve been worked like James Brown!” as we dancing to the end of the song in various montages. Then the song goes to a complete stop and everyone celebrates together, applauding me for that song. This music video will be filmed in Lawrence, Kansas and my friends and I will be in it.


Other montage scenes in this video will feature Leta Klaver, Mark Klaver, and the cousins Ryan, Brendan, and Shannan along with Miles, Kieran, and Theo James. In Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz California. Plus, montage scenes filmed in Bluffton, South Carolina. Other footage shots are also included in the video.

The video for this song will be incredible and it’s gonna be exciting in many ways. And I hope that this video will turn out really great. My dad’s gonna be both happy, impressed, and so proud of me when I get him to feature in that video. And that would be just like the good old days from when I was growing up listening to his songs. It could be the next big thing on YouTube. So in order to do that, we’re gonna go behind the scenes on my music video for the song. That means we’re gonna experience how we dance to it and how I can edit it all together. Then I might be able to upload it on YouTube so that everyone including my friends who live in Lawrence will see it, then they might congratulate me for that. So in other words of what I’m talking about, I say this. Let’s do this! It’s time to make this all happen. Are you with me? Who’s with me?!



This bonus blog is dedicated to and goes out to my dad and one of his friends Jen Brabec. This one’s for you, guys!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)