Promises, Promises... What else?

 


Hello and welcome back. As you may know, I visited Lawrence Kansas two years ago and got to visit my friends once again. Now we have a lot of ways to go before I move back to Lawrence Kansas. And remember that this is going to take a while before this happens. And I still have plenty of things to do here in Bluffton, SC before I do that. I still need to get in touch with my friends here in South Carolina where I live now, still do DJ Trivia at One Hot Mama’s, do more karaoke at R Bar, plan on some boat excursions at May River, visit Hilton Head Island, go to the beach, others. We can still live the good life in Bluffton, but we can still go on some more adventures too. I hope that I will still do more family dinners with my folks more often and really soon. Here’s to you, dad! Okay, enough of that.

Let’s move on to my story.

Here are my list of promises that I’ll be making before the time comes for me to move back to Lawrence Kansas in the future.

1. Always take care of myself. But you guys knew that, right? But the most part of that one is to enjoy yourself. Besides, there’s always time for me to keep saving money for vacation, other things, all that stuff.

2. Keep in touch with my friends from South Carolina. In case I can keep contacting them on phone, video chat, FaceTime, or Google Meet. It’s also very important for me to do that.

3. I will keep having family dinners with my folks whenever I get together with my family. If I didn’t have more family dinner with my parents, it wouldn’t really be the same. So that’s my other promise for when I can still do that here and in the future too. Why? Because I love doing this together as a family. Please note that when I’m back in Lawrence, I might visit them in Kansas City in the future too.

4. Keep supporting the Jayhawks, like always. Anyways, the other promise I’m making is this one.  Keep doing Best Buddies every year in KU.

5. When I get another new condo in Lawrence, I’ll have a lot more room for my own studio, extend the vinyl album wall, etc. More on that soon.

6. Whenever I can visit Hilton Head Island and Bluffton in South Caroline for vacation, I can have a special reunion with my Bluffton friends and maybe we can go on a special boat excursion, just as long as it’s not raining outside. We choose Marriott Vacation Club as always.

7. I’m also gonna plan on making on my own Lawrence Kansas vlog series on YouTube. I’ll need to create an intro with some collage letters on paper in case it doesn’t sag or flop. And trust me, this title will be just like the blog logo I made on computer. Plus, I’m still working on the branding for the upcoming public television station for Lawrence Kansas called ‘KLDC Channel 6: Kansas Public Television’. I still need to talk it out with the KU ambassadors at the Kansas Union.

8. Help Speed Mack and his friends out with some new tracks along with some ideas on Word of Mouth’s debut album artwork. I might need to paint the artwork on acrylic canvas or make it into a collage art piece. That might impress him a lot.

9. Entertaining kids with puppets is important to you and it’s more fun when I do it, so I’m keeping doing that so I can keep to show running on YouTube. In fact, I might be able to update my puppet Buzzy. I might even entertain the kids in school with Rocky Fox 🦊. He’s like the cousin of Nick Wilde in Zootopia, cause he really is. My dad told me that once. With enough time, I can even collect a whole set of puppets. I’ve been thinking about maybe getting more custom puppets and more of Axtell’s puppet friends. I’ll go see what I can do.

10. And finally, the most important part. I’m going places! That means I wanna try my hand at camping out in Lawrence. Plus, I can still get together with my friends here in my hometown also. Plus, I’m still gonna go to special events downtown, see Carswell & Hope perform, join Americana for a jam session, ride on parades downtown, and so much more. Also, I’m still gonna do trivia night, only this time at Johnny’s Tavern! A better version of the one I always do at One Hot Mama’s, and Station 300. I tell you, I’m always a pro at this! So sit down pigeons…


Okay then, here's the plan. When the time comes in the future, I'll be keeping my promises in my head when I'm back in Lawrence. These are the promises that I'm making when I'm back in town. And remember that it's gonna take a while before I get to move back here in the future. Alright now that this is out of the way, it's time for my Lawrence Kansas Blog Update.






Remember this vinyl record wall I made for my condo. This is the one you are looking at right now. Behold!



Here's what I'm also thinking when I have my next condo here in downtown Lawrence. I take the vinyl record album covers and update them into a bigger one in my living room. That means more room for more of my posters, album posters, a few of my paintings, and some art I got.

Also in honor into getting more storage and space, I might need to get myself some flip tite square food storage sets for my kitchen. One for sugar, pretzels, spaghetti, all that stuff. That would make a really nice kitchen that’s real organized in a better way. Also, I get really tired of the burnt spots on the pots and pans. So later on, I might be able to use Granitestone nonstick cookware and bakeware. Or at least maybe Gotham Steel cookware also. That’ll make cooking eggs over easy a lot better.




Next, I might have a better bedroom for my next future condo in Lawrence. A better mattress for my bed like Tempur-Pedic, and a couple more places for my clock, a few places to plug in my charger, almost anything. Speaking of which, I haven’t had a clapper in years. So I’m gonna say consider that one also check.

In my bathroom for my next condo, my dad was thinking of not just a shower but a bathtub that can fit me just my size. (Extra large, though.) And who knows what artistic expression I might use for my nice relaxing bath. We’ll see about that, who knows. Maybe I can make a but of a mural of a window with a view of the beach. Or maybe a sunflower field in a meadow in Kansas. Just a thought, but full of possiblities.

Here's an example of what this mural will look like in the bathroom.


Right there...


If there was an extra room, I’d also paint a mural in here too.

And since I’m thinking of getting myself organized, I might find way to not get my next condo cluttered too much. More room for my closet, others included.

Next when I get my next condo here, I might be able to put up some wind chimes on my porch, a couple pieces of garden decor like the sun I got from Water’s Edge, a wasp trap to keep the dangerous insects away, and maybe paint myself a birdhouse for my backyard. I’m also thinking of using my empty glass bottles I have right now and come up with an idea for a bottle tree sculpture just like the one my mom has.

And who could forget the basement. I remember living in the farm with my folks from back in the day. Ever since I lived here in Kansas, I used to go down there and chill out with my friends and family there. It was really fun. So now in the future when I get my next condo in Lawrence, I might have to do that again. I’ll still have a washer and dryer to go along with it. Now what if I had not one or two bedrooms but an extra one inside the basement. That might count as extra useful. In fact, I might even use that as an art studio/video effects room or whatever. It’s a living… Well anyway, here’s an example of what the new basement will look like.

(Just a quick look, though.)




And a couple more things before we sign off from this story. Furthermore, I will always make a promise to keep in touch with my friends from Lawrence, like Eric and Jill along with the kids when I call them up on the phone to see what's up. And now one more thing. I wanna take my time to keep in touch with all of my friends here in Lawrence while I'm back in town once again. I'm thinking of taking Mrs. Orth-Lopes out to lunch, participating in many more Best Buddies events, still get in touch with Mr. Andrew, entertain kids in school with my puppets, etc. Plus, I'm gonna think about going on walks around the neighborhood and around town more often. I also still need to ride my bike a lot though to go places too.

Oh yeah, I almost forget something. If there's something exciting to do here at Game Nut in downtown Lawrence, please let me know cause I would like to chill out and play some video games just like the kind that I do at home. Why? Because Game Nut has all sorts of different events every night of the week, so I'm gonna check the calendar and Facebook page for a schedule.


Also, I will promise that no matter what, I will always take the time to keep in track of my budget whenever I get my allowance every Friday. That's what I do when I save money on vacations, going to other special places, all that stuff. That's right, and there's plenty more to come.

Plus, I’ll be going to Lawrence Gymnastics Academy for plenty of exercise. You can never imagine how much fun I’m having on the trampoline, even on the foam pit and stuff. Even when it comes to the obstacle course and parkour. This one goes out to you Trace A.D.!


And finally, I promise that I’ll keep on exploring all of Lawrence Kansas for many years to come. Even when it comes to going to Jayhawk games any time. Shout to the Jayhawk for the win!


P.S.  I’m still gonna come up with some more ideas on puppet characters with a little help from my iPad. I’ll give you more updates on that soon.


Well anyways, that’s all for now. I hope that you’ll get to read my blog for the promises I put together when I finally come back. Have a happy new year and I’ll see you all real soon!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)