A Couple of New Things You Need To Know...

 

Welcome back! As you may know or haven’t known just yet, I’ve been blogging and talking about the reasons I wanna move back to Lawrence Kansas. And I know some of you may know that it’s gonna happen eventually and it’ll take a while before my decision is made. So that’ll mean that I either can wait two or three years before I can move back there. My dad and I were talking about that ever since. We’ll discuss more of this later on. But right now, I wanna take the time to give you some more information on the next few years on my Lawrence life in the future.

Here are a new things that you need to know, so listen carefully.


1. Family dinners

Whenever I wanna visit my folks for a family dinner, I can call them and plan on them for a weekend. Ever since I’ve been living in Bluffton, I really love seeing my parents by riding my bike to their house for a family dinner any other weekend. In the future when I’m living in Lawrence again, my folks will move back to Kansas City and when things are all set up, I’ll come over for dinner. When we were on our way back to Lawrence, my dad and I were driving past Kansas City to find a Jack In The Box open. But because of the middle of COVID, none of them were open just yet and the lines were just too long. But all of this will change later. But right now, I’m still living the good life here in South Carolina. So like my dad said, we’re gonna have to wait on that.


2. Saving vacation money

Vacations are always the one thing I love doing the most especially in the summer seasons. Now when I get another job here in Lawrence when the time comes, I’m gonna do whatever it takes for me to get paid and save money. You know how much I love visiting California and going to Disney World for special times. For example, if I wanna go to Colonial Williamsburg with my dad or mom, I can put away $25 or $30. And at least put away money when I cash in my paycheck from work. I hope that someday I can do these destination here once again soon. Secondly, if I wanna visit Tokyo Japan, I gotta save up a lot of money for that. It’s just like when I put away money for some wi-fi during the cruise trip to Norway and Greenland.


3. Independence

You know me, I'm always on my own as an adult whose grown-up. Ever since I went to school, I've learned so many things. Like the time I met Ms. Orth-Lopes in Cordley. And I had a really great time. She even taught some good things in school too like when we were watching Bill Nye The Science Guy on public television. I even watched it in school too. Science rules! Now in my younger years, I went to junior high to met Ms. Martin, Ms. Davidson, and others. We got together and did some learning here at the resource room, physical education, music, and much more. Even Mrs. B. and I got together and did a little writing. Too much homework somehow gets me stressed out for a reason, but it's a good thing Stephanie helped me out. In my teen years when I was in Free State, I got down with the Firebird spirit. Mr. Andrew and I got together and went out to lunch together, I even did some writing there too, I worked on some video production at Broadcast Media, did a little band practice, and many others. I also wanna thank the other paras who helped me out. Tracie Norris, Llara Baska, Kimberly Williams, Brandon Johnson, Ben Mugridge, Erin Campbell, Jayme Lisher, Andrew Nussbaum, and Sheryl Moore for the friendliness and being there for me. I know you'll always be the best. After high school, I went to C-Tran and met Jenny Rovel Jones and Misty, along with Eric Fitzmorris, Cody Calp, and Speed Mack. I was lucky enough to met those people who helped me out on my independence. I'll hope that when I'm back here in Lawrence, I will take the time to reunite with the people I know from school and plan on going out to lunch with them. I know I will come back someday when the time comes.


4. My Own Vlog Channel

Whenever I get my next condo after I move back to Lawrence Kansas, I wanna take the time to start my next channel on YouTube about all things Lawrence. That’s right, coming soon I’ll be starting my own vlog channel. On my YouTube channel, I’ll still be making slideshows, music videos, short films, and much more. But when I’m launching my next YouTube vlog channel, I can livestream it whenever there's a special event somewhere downtown, when I’m visiting places, or when I’m at KU for a Jayhawk game. Anything else is etc. and I’ll have to edit it out in order to put it together.


5. Local art

I’ve been painting pictures on canvas for years ever since I’ve been in Bluffton. So what I’m gonna do for the time being is to make a collection of Bluffton sunset silhouette paintings and sell them to someone. Then when the time comes, I’ll start off my next collection of Lawrence Kansas abstract color silhouette paintings to show off their support for peace, love, and happiness with plenty of diversity just like Dave Loewenstein does mural art in Lawrence. And who knows, maybe I can take the time sell a couple of those to someone I know here in Lawrence in the future. And maybe I can make up my own Lawrence silhouette painting too and hang it on my wall somewhere as long as I have my next condo. I’ll show some to you later on on the next blog later on.


6. Local Events

Whenever there’s an event somewhere in Lawrence, I can be a part of it. Whether it’s the farmers market, a concert, joining a fiddler jam session, or something else, I gotta make sure that I get there earlier or perhaps right on time so that I won’t be late. I’ll talk more about the other Lawrence Kansas events real soon. I’d really like to learn about the Festival of Trees event at Liberty Hall.


7. Togetherness

It’s always a good thing that my family and I will always get together for some good times and some quality time. Especially when it comes to hanging out with mom and dad, and also with my friends too. First of all, if I wanna visit my folks more often for some visitations such as spending the holidays, Thanksgiving dinner, handing out candy to kids on Halloween for special times, or perhaps picnic time, I can call them up and see how they’re doing. In any other weekends, my parents can even take me out to Cinemark to watch a movie. And who could forget going to the movies without popcorn and a soda, especially for those special times too. It's nice to share some with my dad. If my dad and I would like to spend some time here in downtown Kansas City just the good times we had together, we'd probably go to Science City at Union Station. I'll never forget those days. But before I make the decision on moving back to Lawrence, I gotta wait patiently for at least two or three years or more. For now, I’m having a great time here in Bluffton and I’ve got plenty of time left. So there’s no need to do that too soon. If I would like to get together with my friends from back home, I can also call them up too. Maybe Mr. Andrew and I can go out to lunch together. I can even meet up with my friends like Speed Mack and his crew for a special dinner outing. I can even call Eric and Jill up and I can come over to visit them. Or maybe I can take them to Kansas City and check out Kaleidoscope at Crown Center. I can get together will the girls and Ridley for some art-making. Other fun activities will also be discussed in the next upcoming blog, so I’ll explain to you about Kaleidoscope in Kansas City later on. Also, I can have my friends meet me somewhere in downtown Lawrence and have some fun at the library in making music, doing podcasts, or just to hang out. And one other thing, if I wanna go to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City with my friends, I might need to give me friends and/or best buddies a call on their phone and plan a trip there for some special times. That way, I can schedule up a special time to do that as long as they’re not too busy.


Phew… I think that’s probably it for today. Before I stop for now, there’s one more thing you need to know.


Stay calm… Sit back and relax.


And just enjoy yourself until I decide to come back. I’m really sure that you’ll be happy to see me once again.



Check back later for another Lawrence Kansas blog. See you soon and have a great day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)