My Look Back In Our Own History In Lawrence KS [We Didn’t Start The Fires]

 


Welcome back to my Lawrence Kansas Monthly Blog.


What you're about to witness is something that you haven't heard before. As you may know, I've been making music for years every since I lived there, and I'm still gonna keep on making music for more years to come.

Right now, we thought it would be a good idea for me to do a look back at what happened in Lawrence Kansas over the years in my own time.

Way back in September of 1989 when I was born, Billy Joel was opening doors in the way we look at history in his song "We Didn't Start The Fire".

This is what it looked like in that video.






And in case you didn't know just yet, it was featured on his 1989 album Storm Front.

So before I move back to Lawrence Kansas and since there's plenty of time left until the time comes, I'm gonna take the time to work on our own version of the hit song. In the meantime, here's the lyrics I made.


"We Didn't Start The Fire [Lawrence Kansas Version]"

Lyrics:


ACME Shirts, The Get Up Kids, Schaake Family Pumpkin Patch, Wakarusa Festival, Sarah, Plain and Tall Is Nice.

Pow Wow Dance At Haskell, Penny Annie’s Sweet Shoppe, Lawrence Kansas Number One, Free State Marching Firebirds.


We can’t start our fires, cause the air is trapped by the inversion layer.


Spencer Art, Mars Attacks!, Split Lip Rayfield at their best, Bottleneck, South Park, Jayhawks Win The Final Four, Lois Orth-Lopes, Love Garden, Cordley Elementary School, Pizza Shuttle, Mass Street, Speed Mack and his freestyle rap.


The Bell Tower is on fire. No, I’m only joking, it’s not even smoking. We can’t start our fires, cause the air is trapped by the inversion layer.


Willie C's, Replay Lounge, Channel 6, and local bands, Best Buddies, Liberty Hall, Mass Street Music, The Bourgeois Pig, Avalon Video, In Good Standing, Celebration of Cultures, Van Go, Sunfire, Ad Astra Per Aspera.

Game Nut, Big Jay, Murals by Dave Loewenstein, Shaking Tree, Darrell Andrew, Lazer 105.9.

Grandma Layton, Framewoods, Lawrence Arts, Mom & Pop's. Sylas & Maddy's, Video Toaster, KJHK Radio.


The Watson Train’s on fire. Once again, I’m kidding. It’s not really moving. We can’t start the fires, cause the air is trapped by the inversion layer.


Stan Herd, Steve Mason, New Amsterdams, Sissy & Earl, Royal Crest Lanes, Prairie Park, Papa Keno’s Pizzeria, Johnny’s Tavern, Lied Center, Plus The Battle of Bunker Hill, Americana Music Academy, Former Senator Bob Dole


Sunflowers, Farmers Market, Douglas County Courthouse, The Day After, Granada Theater, Japanese Friendship Garden, Jefferson’s, Mercantile, Rock Chalk Jayhawks Go KU, Clinton Lake, Antique Mall, Thom Alexander, Busker Fest!


Riverfront Park's on fire. Yeah, there’s fireworks shooting while they’re barbecuing. We didn’t start the fires. Well, we didn’t mean to, we just dropped the lighters. We didn’t start the fires. It’s just special effects now, I’m just really tired.


(And the song fades out…)


I’m gonna try and whatever I can to make this version of the video more entertaining and exciting than ever just the last videos I made for Americana’s 20th anniversary. Then edit out the footage and put it on YouTube for everyone to see. I’m sure they’ll love it before I come back. Plus, I’m gonna announce the idea of remixing the video of ‘Nolan On The Moors’, only this time with the remix of the original song. I’ll remix the video with the new version I made with new footages and pictures all over it. It’ll be the second version of the song.

Also, I’m gonna consider making another new video from the Americana Sampler CD, a video for Carswell & Hope, and from Michael Paull’s album. Other ideas included.

Anyway, I hope that you’ll like the idea of my own local version of the song and video I’ll plan on making. If you also like my blog, let me know what you think.

You know where to find me here on social media.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)