A Trip to Louisburg

 

Pop Quiz!

What place has the cider mill best known for its apple cider, Lost Trail sodas, and a country store that has cider donuts, spices, apple butter, etc.?

Is it…

A: Schaake’s Pumpkin Patch

B: Joe’s Bakery

or

C: Louisburg Cider Mill


The answer…


Louisburg Cider Mill


That’s right! Louisburg, KS


Here's the scoop behind my first trip there. It all started on a weekend. We are all driving along the edge of town and we first went to Louisburg where we got together and saw the cider mill where they make their organic Louisburg Apple Cider. We took a look around and checked out the pumpkin patch next to the front yard of the barn. I know I said it before, but we're gonna get to the bottom of this.

When you go inside, there's a country store that offers a warm & inviting place to shop for comfort foods or naturally healthy Louisburg Cider. This is where you visit the mill for fresh-squeezed Apple Cider and delicious cider donuts. Their old-fashioned Apple Cider and famous Lost Trail Root Beer are both made right here at Louisburg Cider Mill in Louisburg, Kansas.


It's located twenty miles South of metro Kansas City via US Highway 69 to the Louisburg Exit (Hwy. 68), then 3 miles west.

Open All Year Round!

Now get this! If I can do something good for the Louisburg Cider Mill and Country Store, I could send them something special like a painting of Courage the Cowardly Dog and a Wizard of Oz poster. The folks at this place would be very pleased with my work. Don’t you all agree?

Okay folks, here’s something else that I would like you to know about Louisburg Cider Mill. Every fall for two exciting weekends, Louisburg Cider Mill brings you some good old-fashioned apple cider fun. Our Ciderfest is always held on the last weekend in September and the first weekend in October. That event every fall in Louisburg is called the Ciderfest. So activities begin with the Louisburg Lions Pancake Breakfast, 8 am – 11 am. Other activities such as pony rides, inflatable slides, cider and donut-making, and craft booths are ongoing throughout the day until 6 pm. According to the Louisburg Cider Mill's web site, it says here that the first course of the Ciderfest is watching how apples are freshly pressed into 100% pure apple cider — from initial washing to the actual press.






People who visit Louisburg can buy a cup of fresh hot or cold cider, munch on a cider doughnut, try a freshly dipped caramel apple, be there for the pancake breakfast, or sample a Lost Trail Root Beer — one of the soda treats that Louisburg Cider Mill has become famous for.

Visitors will tap their toes to live music with a bluegrass or country flare, seek out homemade kettle corn and other unique fares like fried pickles. A wide variety of arts and craft booths abound where you can find gifts such as original candles and home-crafted furniture or homemade toys for the kids.




Plus, kids can ride the hay wagon out to our huge pumpkin patch to pick their own pumpkin, experience our 10-acre corn maze, visit with farm animals, play on the hill slide, enjoy the picnic areas and take advantage of the great photo opportunities we’ve set up.



Oh, and if you can’t make Ciderfest, our renowned Country Store is open year-round. Stop by for great gifts and gift baskets. You’ll find old-fashioned charm, hospitality and fresh cider and cider donuts available every day.

So there you have it, the story and facts of Louisburg Cider Mill and Ciderfest.

So here's what I'm gonna be thinking. What if the day when I come back to Lawrence in the future, I can finally visit the Cider Mill and country store in Louisburg and maybe enjoy Ciderfest in the fall. Maybe we’ll plan a mini trip to Louisburg when I plan on my journey back to Lawrence Kansas in the future.

And another way to go visit Louisburg is to bring a friend with me too. I hope that someday I can invite a friend to Louisburg for a trip to the cider mill.

If you like my next blog entry, feel free to give me info about my next trip to Louisburg Cider Mill for some donuts and such. That’s it for now, I’ll be back with another entry for Lawrence. Keep it here!


Here’s to you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)