Going To The Douglas County Fair (…again)

 

For the first time in Kansas history, my family and I got to go to the place where the carnival and farm is located.

Three words:
The Douglas County Fair

Located at 2120 Harper St.




We had a lot of fun at the fair together when I was a kid. I went there to try the carnival rides, played games, and had some food there. There’s even a funhouse with mirrors in them. I even got to go on the Fun Slide. When I go on, I get to the top of the slide and I imagine like I’m going down the hill on a sled or perhaps going down the water slide by the pool.



The next ride I went on to was the Top Gun. When I got on, I was feeling my heart beat. And when the ride went on, I was screaming for my life while the ride was spinning counter clockwise. Boy was I thrilled!


Another ride the I went on to was the Zendar ride. This ride was really making me dizzy, I couldn’t get outta here. I was trapped like I was set on hyperdrive. Well, at least I had a great time there. My hands were shaking a bit due to the adrenaline though.


I also got to go on the Ferris Wheel, and went on top of it. The Ferris Wheel is something that I really love to enjoy at a carnival here in Lawrence.


One time, I saw something in the city of Lawrence and a carnival was in town somewhere in Iowa St. I had a great time going there together as a family too.


Now here’s my future idea for next time I come back to Lawrence. Just remember that this might take a while before the time comes. When I come back, I’m gonna go to the Douglas County Fair once again and go on some rides, play some carnival games, have some food, and enjoy some live music there. Just like old times.


Ever since I went to the fair every August, I was thrilled to enjoy it every step of the way. I always remember to bring my allowance with me in my wallet, I go in there to the booth and I get the tickets. And then, I’m set. I just also wondered if we could participate in some exciting events here at the Douglas County Fairground during the year. Speaking of which, every August during the fair, they’re a special event that happens every year. That my friend is the demolition derby…which sometimes I may not be too familiar with that one too. But I’ll think about it in the future. But for now, it’s the fair that I’m always looking forward to, as usual. I wonder if I can bring my friends with me there.

If I can go to the fair once again, I’d bring:
Darrell Andrew
Lois Orth-Lopes
Stephanie Harsin & David Ade
Speed Mack
Jenny Rovel Jones
or
The Fitzmorris Family

Whoever I choose, I can invite people I know and take them to the fair.


Another way to do that is invite my best buddies, which one of them would be Ingrid Yew & Ashley McKinney

That would be really nice to do for the month of August.


The height of summer means only one thing- the return of the fair to the fairgrounds. The Douglas County Fair experience includes live music, carnival attractions, tractor-pulling and demolition derbies, and 4-H award ceremonies. This event has got a real, old-fashioned, heart of America feel to it.

It happens every July too.


I really enjoyed going to the Douglas County Fair every summer a lot, especially when I can invite my friends and bring them there too. And I’ll be hoping that someday in the future I’ll go back to going to the fair sometime soon. I also wonder if Americana Music Academy will join for a night of fiddling and pickling
music. I’ll bet that would be great too. I would watch a jam session play.

It’s just like visiting the state fair somewhere in America or going to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz during vacation.


I have the next idea here at the fairgrounds of Douglas County. If I can bring Eric, Jill, the girls, and Ridley together to the Douglas County Fairgrounds, maybe I can volunteer with them as I sell paintings to people here in Lawrence. I can assure you that it would be a pleasure for me to help them out so that I can save money for vacation somewhere. So listen carefully… If you’d like to volunteer with me here at the fairgrounds for a special time there, let me know. And pretty soon in the future, I can think of some ideas of coming to the Douglas County Fair every summer for some fun times and maybe hang out for some live music. I hope that one day I’ll come back there and enjoy another fun time there.


That’s all for now, check back later for more Lawrence blogs on what’s next.


Come one, come all! Step right up and try your luck!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)