Bonus Blog: Thanksgiving Specials

 

Thanksgiving Specials


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


Here's a little something to stuff on your dish. There are many Thanksgiving specials we love to watch on TV here in Lawrence. I'll never forget the time I watched one of my favorite specials.


A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving


It was a good special I love watching when I was a kid. I even remembered the time I kept reciting the special out loud when I was inside at home and even at school. Ms. Orth-Lopes didn't know there was a Peanuts Thanksgiving special on TV.


I really love the lines in this one too. Peppermint Patty was incredible. Sometimes whenever we have something different for Thanksgiving, I would probably have some Thanksgiving snacks with our feast. And I thought I was gonna have pretzel sticks with toast and popcorn on a plate, but that would be just too silly. Because who would forget Thanksgiving without a turkey.

I remember that time in Cordley, my class and I did a Thanksgiving play together while I was in school. It's kinda hard to remember what play we did for Thanksgiving, but it was a fun day to enjoy it.

I'd wish I could relive the past on this play we did in Cordley that time of year again.

So I came up with another idea for the next Thanksgiving event.

Two things.

What if the Lied Center and Lawrence Arts Center did a hilarious theater play on the history of Thanksgiving. It features a talking turkey and a Native American Indian character as they talk about how Thanksgiving was originated. The title for this play is called "The History of Thanksgiving with a Twist". People in Lawrence would love that idea for a play, and everyone would laugh about it too.

Second, what if I came back to Cordley and helped Lois out with a school play about Thanksgiving. Only this time, in a special rendition of 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' in a slapstick related homage. That would sure help her out a lot.

What I really like about 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' is the jazzy soundtrack by Vince Guaraldi. I really liked that rendition of 'Linus And Lucy' this time with the band. I really love how it sounds. In that special, there was this 'Fife & Drums Theme' playing where Snoopy and Woodstock were dressed up as pilgrims. Linus thought it was some kind of ridiculous outfit. Snoopy, how about your chef's hat. Another song I really in that special is 'Little Birdie' because of the jazzy feel to the song. The mute trumpet was really cool and the musical sounds to it were awesome. I really like the part where Snoopy and Woodstock set up the chairs for Thanksgiving dinner, and when Snoopy tried to set up the chair, the chair came alive and he started fighting with it on purpose. I didn't know chairs like this one had a mind of its own. Strange, isn't it? Franklin was siting on it too though.


Next time when I live in Lawrence once again before Thanksgiving or early, I wanna visit Free State High School and have Thanksgiving dinner with them just like the good old days here. Maybe hang out with Mr. Andrew and the rest here at the room for a feast just like when I was in high school. That would be cool. It's like a huge buffet here. When it comes to Thanksgiving, we love getting friends and family together on the 24th of November when it's still autumn.

Whenever I roam around town in Lawrence, I see plenty of things. Autumn leaves falling, wind blowing, and the breeze of all things fall can bring. It even reminds me of 'Autumn In New England'. I can even remember the time when I jumped on a pile of leaves on this time of year. I hope that everyone is doing well this Thanksgiving though, and hope that you are too.

The best thing about Thanksgiving is that we love bringing friends and family together over and what we're thankful for.


What I'm really thankful for on Thanksgiving is my family. Plus, I'm also thankful for my friends from back home who are always here for me and always got my back.


Well, that's all for now.


And I hope that you have a happy Thanksgiving. Check back later for more updates.


Gobble gobble!


P.S.  Excuse me for a second, the turkey’s getting away.

"HEY YOU! COME BACK HERE YOU CRAZY BUZZARD!"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)