Autumn in Larryville

Autumn in Larryville


When the autumn season comes, September begins. And summer will return next year. And now here's something that you'd like to know.

When Labor Day comes, we celebrate. How? Downtown.

But the real question is, how do you celebrate Labor Day on this special time of year somewhere in Lawrence. Here's some ideas.


1. Hang out with my friends, get together and meet somewhere for lunch.

2. Join in at the Lawrence Public Library for some special events.

3. Entertain kids at Cordley with my puppets.

4. Get together for Best Buddies once again. (which you already knew about that)

5. Participate at Van Go for a Zine Fest (Paper Plains)

6. Hang out at Americana Music Academy for a jam session. (I'll think about it.)



Here are some of the local events I wanna join in.

My first September event is the Street Party. It was on Saturday September 3rd at 826 Pennsylvania St. in East Lawrence. When I look at a street party in Lawrence, I think of an all-age type of party kind of thing. There's a disc golf challenge for charity, there's local vendors, prizes, beer tents, and there's some live music. There was music from Hembree and Lucas Parker Band + Jessica Paige. When I get a chance, I would like to join in for a street party downtown. That way I can have some fun again. My tip will be maybe bring friends over so they can join in too. They'll love being #downthestreetupyouralley.

The next one would be the Paper Plains Zine Fest at Van Go. If I could create a zine of my own, it would be about cartoon characters and puppetry ideas for downtown Lawrence here, at The Toy Store, and maybe at the new location somewhere. Perhaps if I would choose between that and a studio for making homemade animated cartoons, shorts, puppet shows, and others, it would make Crash!Bang Cartoons studio and shop a big hit for everyone of all ages to enjoy. My future zine will probably be about my cartoon giraffe I created. That would be Camelopard Joey. And the title will be named the "Crash!Bang Zine". Everyone would like that. According to the Downtown Lawrence website, it says here that Paper Plains Zine Fest is a one-day event where participants exhibit, sell, and trade their independently-published zines, pamphlets, comix, books, and other radical readables of many forms.

Paper Plains Zine Fest is free to attend and all are welcome to come and explore the exhibitor’s tables, chat with the artists, and attend workshops, lectures, and panels. Van Go encourages attendees to bring spending cash to purchase zines from the artists, which are usually priced in the range of $1 -$15. It's at Van Go located at 715 New Jersey St. from 11am to 5pm.

A zine (/ziːn/ ZEEN; short for magazine or fanzine) is a short, self-published booklet.

My next event would be a good one, and this time at Free State High School. To do that, I need to make a visit with Mr. Andrew at the school, get together for lunch, and talk about what we can both do.  Mr. Andrew and I might be coming up with something special we wanna do for fun. And of course maybe for the school. For instance, he and I are thinking maybe we can both do a tailgate barbecue party at the Free State High School football stadium, or maybe a reunion pizza bowling party at Royal Crest Lanes. We would even go bowling, play at the arcade, and eat.

My next event for me planned in the future will be going to Sunfire Ceramics with Eric and Jill along with the girls as we get together for some pottery painting.


Just in case you remember, the school in session hours:
MONDAY & TUESDAY-CLOSED
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY 10-6
FRIDAY & SATURDAY10-8
& SUNDAY 10-6


The next event I wanna join is at Americana Music Academy where I can get together for a jam session. Maybe I can get the chance to sing my favorite songs such as 'Pie' by Steve Mason, 'Sweat Like James Brown', others. And maybe I can also come up with our own songs with the power of Mojo. If you can be understood about what I'm saying here, the recording studio is upstairs. So if you'd like, let me know on this.

My other ideas for the month would be as always, getting together with Lois Orth-Lopes and Sebastian Alfie for lunch, maybe hang out with Speed Mack, hang out with Stephanie, etc. (Ad infinitum).  I can also take Ms. Orth-Lopes out to Sunfire and do some ceramic painting too on the next day.  The other idea for that I wanted to do is to entertain kids at Cordley Elementary School with my puppets.

And another thing that I wanna do once again is join Best Buddies at KU. I just wish I could get together with Ingrid and Ashley again. Cause the truth is, I really miss them a lot. and I didn't get the chance to hang out with them in the summer ever since I moved to South Carolina. Bu if I could get the chance, maybe I'll hang out with them and reunite with them also. That way I can do something fun with them once again.

Stick around cause I’ll be talking about this special day at Americana Music Academy next month. And guess what, I have some surprises to give to Americana when we come. Plus, I have some music videos that I’m making right now. I even got the video ‘Nolan On The Moors’ all ready though. I’m still working on the other two music videos. And right now, I’m planning on making the video for the song ‘Pie’.

In the meantime, have a great Labor Day and I’ll see you guys next month.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)