July Edition

 

July Edition


July is the month for Independence Day and still the middle of summer. But that doesn’t just start there. It happens anywhere in Lawrence. People buy fireworks and shoot them off in the neighborhood, the fields, at the farm, and everyone here gets to watch them explode. Why? Because it’s America’s birthday. And signing is what we celebrate on the 4th of July every year because that’s the day it was signed on, in the year 1776, Philadelphia, PA.


I remember the time my family and I went to the park to watch the fireworks 💥. I really love watching them a lot. I also remember that one time my dad and I bought fireworks to light up in the front yard. We’d watch those bottle rockets fly.

When my family and I lived in the farm in 2005, we got together and lit up the fireworks there. I’ll never forget my 4th of July party I threw there. My friends were there, and everyone else too. We had hot dogs, plenty of fruit and chips, and soda. I even showed everyone a trick you can do when you light up a firecracker and put it in the water.

Having fun on the 4th of July every summer is like a dream to me. It’s because Independence Day is a time to celebrate the birth of America.

And I quote:

“We hold these truth to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. That among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

Thomas Jefferson once said one of the famous sentences on the Declaration of Independence in American history. Every 4th of July, they signed it with 56 named underlined. And to honor those first thirteen states in this country we live in, the sky was turned into a birthday cake. Then they got it all done in 1776.

During our vacation in Virginia, my family and I went to Colonial Williamsburg for the summer. We stayed at a hotel, went to the beach, visited Busch Gardens, and celebrated the 4th of July there. That was a great vacation there.



And in case you didn’t know, this attraction in Williamsburg have colonists there.


For those of you who don’t know here, there’s plenty of events that happen here on July 4th in Lawrence. There’s outdoor parties at the park, barbecues, concerts, etc. And sometimes in downtown Lawrence, there’s a special 4th of July parade to watch. If I wanted to join a parade on Independence Day, I’d bring either Mr. Andrew and friends over for a special float and wave at them, or bring the folks at Americana Music Academy with me for a special jam.  So the next time I wanna participate in one of those special events in Lawrence, I wanna invite my friends over. Then, we can all enjoy watching the fireworks and lighting them up. Probably a huge 4th of July parade and outdoor party.


And remember when you see that Star-Spangled Banner wave during the national anthem, pledge your allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. For the land of the free, and the home of the brave.



And now, ladies and gentlemen… our national anthem.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)