June: The Start of Summer

 

June: The Start of Summer

We’ll it’s summer time again, and school’s out! Everyone’s out swimming again, the sun is shining, and it’s time to have some fun.


My summer plans are as always planning on a vacation we can go to, go to water parks of my choice, scream on some roller coasters, and ride my bike downtown.


My other plans are in fact a downtown block party outside of the public library, a pool party somewhere at the outdoor aquatics center, go places with my “Best Buddies”, others.


But the most important thing I love to do during summertime in Lawrence is an event I always love going to. Title? St. John’s Mexican Fiesta, right here at 1234 Kentucky St.

 


I’ll never forget the time I went with Dylan and Kaitlyn. It was a very awesome time to be here. I enjoyed authentic food, smashed confetti eggs on my head, and enjoyed some exciting music and dance. The dancers were wonderful and beautiful. And or course, the band playing was the bomb. I really loved the music they played.


One of these days, I might join and participate the next Mexican Fiesta at St. John’s. But to do that, I need someone who can help me out. For example, if I can ask my friends Lois and Sebastian about the fiesta, they’ll agree to help me on the activities for the kids at this school. I can even ask them about adding one of my characters I made on my iPad. For instance, take Iggy Darien.



He’s a rave influence zebra who’s also a friend/cousin of my giraffe character Camelopard Joey. If I were to add Iggy Darien to the fiesta as a mascot character, he’d be perfect. In order to do too, we need to make him as a custom fursuit costume. And because of this, it might take plenty of time to do it. If Iggy were to visit Lawrence Kansas right now, he would probably meet and greet people just like the characters at Disney World. He would even get pictures taken, dance with the kids, hug them, give him a high five, and maybe pose for the shot.



Now another example, if my character Camelopard Joey would also appear at St. John’s Mexican Fiesta, he’d even be a custom mascot character too. Heck, he would even see Iggy around and join in the fun too.

Having plenty of fun at St. John’s Mexican Fiesta has been a dream to me ever since I was young. It was also the time that I went there with my friend Stephanie and David. We enjoyed some good tacos and watched the band play. It was also that time the fiesta played the Cupid Shuffle there. I even videotaped it on my camera.

If I wanted to play something at the fiesta at St. John’s, I would sing a song in my own words based on my young life or something like that. I should’ve brought my puppet Buzzy with me though.

June is the best time of the year during the start of summer. And when it comes to beginning the summer season, there’s always room for cooling off.

I also remember the time I went swimming at the outdoor aquatics center. There was a huge pool party at the patio. They played plenty of music, played games, enjoyed snacks and food, and I had a ton of fun there. Someday, I might go back there.

P.S.   Juneteenth was declared a national holiday last year.

Tomorrow’s a time to swim. My family and I are about to go to the beach.

When I visit Kansas City with my friends, maybe I might plan on going to Oceans Of Fun with Eric, Jill, and the kids, and then maybe find some place to play some mini golf. I hope one day I don’t get sunburned. Spoiler alert, bring some SPF-50.

One of my favorite local music in Lawrence right now is Mojo National. Boy, I enjoyed watching Michael Paull play at the Eldridge Hotel. I can listen to the CD over and over again and I have it.

Hey, if anyone of you guys like my next monthly blog, feel free to contact the Americana Music Academy for making the next Sampler CD. I also like the song “Pie” by Steve Mason, “Mama Don’t Know” by Sissy And Earl, and a couple of Michael Paull’s songs from his solo album “Mercy Me”. I really enjoyed the academy’s great music and I hope I will keep supporting Americana and its local music for the rest of my life.

Phew! Now that’s a relief. That’s all for now. Check back later for next month’s blog. Over and out. Well, at least for now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)