The March Issue

 

The March Issue

 

Every March in downtown Lawrence, we get to do something special that time of year. During that month, I join the St. Patrick’s Day parade with the people from the Americana Music Academy. They play good Irish music on a float where I got to be in. On the float, I wave to the people when they watch. St. Patrick’s Day happens every year. And after the parade, everyone in Lawrence gets to celebrate while wearing green, get together with friends, and go eat at an Irish pub and grill called Dempsey’s Burger Pub. One time, I went there with my friend Lois Orth-Lopes for lunch right after the parade, and we both love that place to enjoy every St. Paddy’s Day in the month of March. I have a feeling that maybe when I come back again, I can join the parade again.

I’ll never forget this very moment when I joined the parade with this wonderful music. This link to this video on YouTube is right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC3etVbW4qs

Everywhere I go that holiday, I wear green.





Now when I enjoy my month of March, I think of all the fun things that I haven’t tried before. So here’s my daily list for the month of March.

1. Join the St. Patrick’s Day parade with the folks at Americana.

2. Hang out with some friends for a St. Paddy party.

3. Join a special Best Buddies event, plus watch March Madness.

4. Get together for a special dinner outing downtown.

5. Plan on making a float perfect for the St. Patrick’s Day parade.


And now, for the next half during the month of March. When Daylight Savings Time comes, we can all enjoy more outdoors and more sunlight. There’s one restaurant that I haven’t tried here in Lawrence. That one is in 729 Mass St. and it’s called Logie’s on Mass. They have all the photographs of famous celebrities and famous people on the walls whenever you grab a seat at a booth or a table. I like the one with Forrest Gump.


“My mom always said, life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”

- Forrest Gump


The next one I wanna try is Hawaiian Bros. It’s got the best Hawaiian entrees and the greatest Dole whip in town. Aloha.

Now get this. Whenever I wanna see some live entertainment in downtown Lawrence, I wanna hit the Granada for some live music and enjoy myself some cola. Also, I wanna plan on taking one of my friends to the KU Lied Center for some performing arts and entertainment. My favorite one was the magician performing magic tricks just like Houdini did. I know what you’re thinking. Whatever happened to Houdini anyway? Nobody knows what happened to him.

So what’s next on this month’s March issue. You decide

And if you would like to help me out on some future ideas for the month of March in Lawrence, please let me know on some ideas and special events I would like to try out and participate in the future.


But whatever you do, don’t get pinched this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)