Best Buddies For Life

 

Best Buddies For Life


Way back in 2004 for the first time, I joined a program called Best Buddies in KU. For 13 years, I’ve joined that program for fun events, special occasions, parties, and hanging out together. And best of all, I really enjoyed it a lot.

Now to make things clear, I wanna get the chance to join Best Buddies once again. So, let’s review some of the buddies I met for my first time.

1. For the first time in Lawrence, I met a friend for the first program for Best Buddies. His name is Mark Lyda. He and I had a lot of fun together. We got together, listened to some music, we got to see The Incredibles, and got together for watch the Super Bowl. One time, I was waiting here at Free State looking for Mark and we got in the car and went to Pizza Hut for dinner. I really enjoyed the buffet in this place. In Pizza Hut, there’s another chain called WingStreet. Mark Lyda even gave me a CD of his own music. It was a great year for the first Best Buddies program.

2. The second best buddy I met was Max Chartrand. He and I had loads of fun together. That month in October, we got together and went to the pumpkin patch to find some pumpkins to make up some jack-o-lanterns for Halloween. There was also the time he and I were driving around the town of Tonganoxie. We thought we were lost and couldn’t find a place to eat, but boy we were so wrong. We found a Sonic Drive-In together. We got ourselves a combo meal together. I’ll never forget the time we both got together to go Christmas shopping at the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. There’s even the time I made a snow angel here downtown. Max laughed really hard and thought that was funny. And my coat was freezing. So did my hair and my clothes got iced all over. We even did our snowball fight. I once went to Barnes & Noble to get myself a music CD for myself. Then we got to go to Pizzeria Uno for some deep dish dinner. I enjoyed the deep dish pizza straight from Chicago. Delish!

3. The next buddy I joined was Jillian ‘Proctor’ Fitzmorris. In case you know, that was the wife of Eric Fitzmorris. She and I got together and participated in many events for Best Buddies. There was this one time I went to Holiday Inn and met with Eric, Jill, and the other best buddies for a match party. It was at the Boulevard Grill inside the hotel. I even played a little mini golf there. That day, me and Jill got together for some lunch here at Applebee’s. We really love those good ribs. But for me, I had the usual. We also got together with Eric for some bowling and played some video games at Royal Crest Lanes. One time, Eric and Jill took me to their house and hung out for a while. I even got to use his computer to mess around. He and I got together to make up some music. I listened to his music he made long time ago. It was his original music and song covers he made. It was a blast joining her.






4. Henry Katz. I got together with him and we hung out at KU together. That time, he and I made holiday decorations for the month of December. He’s currently in New York though.

5. Kenzi Ruther and Gracie Larcher. We got together and did some fun stuff together. One time I was trying to get in touch with her, but no answer.

6. Before that, I got to meet up with Dylan Woods for the very first time. He and I went to the Lied Center once and got together for a special event Best Buddies would love to see. That other time in the summer, we got together at St. John’s for a Mexican fiesta. It happens every June. I really love those confetti eggs, and put them on my head. I really enjoyed those tacos too.






7. I got together yet again and met two buddies. Ashley McKinney and Ingrid Yew. The three of us hung out and had the time of our lives. I’ll never forget that time we all got to the Union and put together a dance party for this event. We had a lot of fun together. I knew that I was gonna hang out with the two of them and take them to the Kansas City Zoo, but I didn’t. But if I have the chance to do that once again, I will let them know. And to be honest with you, I miss them so much.





Oh! I almost forgot! There was also that time we got together and saw the Jayhawks football game at the KU Memorial Stadium. I even give Big Jay a high five. We also got together to go see the baseball game at KU. That was a big touchdown! Go Jayhawks!

My future plans will be the upcoming time when I can get to join the next Best Buddies program once again. If I move back to Lawrence Kansas, or when I could find one here in Bluffton before the time comes.

But right now, I’m gonna start planning on making my very own Best Buddies playlist on Spotify. If you like my next blog entry, feel free to give me plenty of info on joining the next Best Buddies program or perhaps maybe a virtual event for Best Buddies if you guys don’t mind. May your friendships last a lifetime and we’ll see you real soon.

P.S.  This blog entry is dedicated to the artist who made this Best Buddies program possible. I owe this artwork to the one and only Keith Haring.


Here’s to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)