Everybody’s Gone To The Movies! (Summer Edition)


 

Think I’ll go see a movie this summer. The movies are the best place to go to at anytime.

So I have yet another idea for my next summer plans in Lawrence.

Get this… I remember the time from back in the day when Rachel Unruh and I went to a movie together. It was a classic family movie at a local movie theater in Lawrence Kansas. That place was Plaza 6 Theaters at 2339 Iowa St. It used to be located there in Lawrence, and now it’s the Total Fitness Center. We used to go there for the summer and we got to see some family-friendly flicks of any kind.

Here’s what the location of the theater used to be:


That was the location the closest next to Sears. And suddenly it closed in the month of August 2001. I’ll never forget the time I went there for the summer for those movie hits. It was a great place to see a movie every summer.


In case you didn’t know on that one, it showed the hottest movies in the Midwest all summer long. And another name for Plaza 6 was also Dickinson Cinema 6.


Another theater that used to be in Lawrence was the Varsity Theater in downtown.



It also used to be a movie theater located in downtown Lawrence, and now it's the store Urban Outfitters. Which I remember going to in my Lawrence days.


As you can tell, it's been a while since I visited this store here in Lawrence during my past days. I really liked this store too even since the time I went there with my family to go shopping.

If you look at another picture of the Varsity Theater building at night, half of the logo if bright.


See right there.



Another theater I went to back in the day is the one in Hillcrest Shopping Center. Kurt and I went to Hillcrest 5 to see the first Toy Story movie. We really enjoyed this movie back then. It was 1995 when he and I got to go see it, and it was a great movie to watch at a theater. Thanks Kurt for taking me to see Toy Story.

Now here's the next real scoop. What if next time I come back to Lawrence once again, maybe I can join Summer Movie Express at Regal Southwind located at 3433 Iowa Street. Well now you can every summer.

Okay, so here's what I'm gonna do when the time comes.

Every summer whenever there's Summer Movie Express, I find somebody that I know by calling them up, and then I talk to them about Summer Movie Express at Regal Southwind a.k.a. Hollywood Theaters. Recommend this to family or friends before it begins. Then, when the first summer movie classic is held, they'll take me there. Every summer, Regal Southwind does a summer movie lineup every Tuesday and Wednesday. During the first show of the day, people can enjoy $2 tickets as they bring great family movies back to the BIG screen.

So next time I wanna see a family movie back on the big screen at Regal Southwind, I can check out the Summer Movie Express. Bring a friend and join in.

Here's what Regal Southwind looks like in its location.





Here's me list of family movies I wanna see this summer and back on the big screen when I come back.

1. The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie
2. Rugrats In Paris
3. Abominable
4. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
5. Rio
6. Madagascar
7. Meet The Robinsons
8. Quest For Camelot
9. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
10. Felix the Cat: The Movie
11. Muppets From Space
12. Good Burger
13. The Road To El Dorado
14. Chicken Run
15. Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
16. Scooby Doo
17. The Lizzie McGuire Movie
18. Surf's Up
19. Horton Hears A Who
20. Muppet Treasure Island

And here's my top 10 list of classic movies I wanna also see back on the big screen too.

My second top 10 classic family movies are:

1. Space Jam
2. Casper
3. The Sandlot
4. Toy Story
5. The Muppet Movie
6. An American Tail
7. Ella Enchanted
8. Chicken Run
9. Osmosis Jones
10. Cats Don't Dance


I'll give you more top 10 lists of classic movies to see back on the big screen soon.


You know what they say...

"Get More Out of Life, Go Out To a Movie!"


If you liked my blog on summer movies, feel free to help me plan ahead for the next Summer Movie Express here at Regal Southwind the next time I come back to Lawrence once again.

And now, on with the show!






P.S. When we get the movie theater, grab some popcorn.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)