IdeaSpark: Public Television in KU

 


And now, it's time to discuss some future local ideas for the people of Lawrence Kansas to share. This is IdeaSpark.

On today’s idea spark, we’ll be talking about something different.

Here’s something that I've willing to talk to the students at the Kansas Union. I was talking to the folks at KU last year about an idea for the next public television station, and one of the administrators think that it's a great idea to put on a public television station in KU.

The title of the public television station is named "Lawrence Public Television (a.k.a. KLTV)". This is what the logo will look like.



This public television station will show PBS programs of any kind, interstitials, promos of what's to come, and others. Plus before the show starts, the local funding spots will appears with sponsors that support children's programming for every morning and afternoon, and shows for evenings and weeknights. That's PBS kids programming for mornings and afternoons, and PBS programming for evenings too.

Some PBS programs also include local productions produced by KLTV.

Also, who could forget the ident character mascot for KLTV. The Jayhawk, named Jay Jr. He'll be featured in ident bumpers, his own interstitials, and much more. He'll be shown on this station to announce what's coming up on the schedule on mornings and afternoons, interesting facts to talk about, play some music videos or sing songs, and maybe do some skits of his own. And best of all, he'll be voiced by a young kid.

This new public television channel will be part of the support of PBS and its viewers like you, and KLTV will be the new name for PBS's public television station in Lawrence Kansas.

Ever since I watched PBS in Lawrence Kansas, I was inspired and educated by these shows I watched when I was young. I remember watching Sesame Street back in the day and it really made me feel good since I was in Cordley. The next show I watched was Bill Nye the Science Guy and it taught me plenty of topics, home experiments, and tons of science tricks. I also watched a little bit of geography on Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego. Greg Lee was incredible, and so does Lynne Thigpen. Fun fact about it is that she also appeared on an episode of Sesame Street. I really dig Rockapella! I even watched an episode of Dudley the Dragon. He was really funny too.The other shows I saw on PBS were also Arthur, Kratts Creatures, The Magic School Bus, The Puzzle Place, and of course Reading Rainbow. LeVar Burton was wonderful in this show. It taught a lot of good stuff in this show like stories, adventure, imagination, and other stuff too. Oh, and who could forget Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. We all remember that beautiful show we love watching. Just like the time we watched episodes of the show while we were in California for vacation. It's just like he always told me, "It's you I like. And I like oyu just the way you are." Now, here's a little bit more I wanna talk to you about. Other PBS Kids shows I remember watching is Dragon Tales. I really liked watching that show in my younger days. Those dragons were really cute and friendly. I just wish that Dragon Tales would reboot with a live-action series just like Gullah Gullah Island. Who knows what might happen. Others are even Clifford The Big Red Dog, Between The Lions, Wimzie's House, Barney & Friends, Adventures From The Book of Virtues, The Noddy Shop, Postcards From Buster, Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman, and one of my favorite show I love watching is ZOOM! Those shows were absolutely cool and incredible for the whole family to watch. Other honorable mentions were Teletubbies, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, The Cat In The Hat Knows a Lot About That, Nature Cat, and PBS Kids Bookworm Bunch.

So here’s what I’m thinking. While I'm visiting Lawrence again, I'll send them the station logo and KLTV's mascot character to the friendly administrators of the Kansas Union and they'll take a look at them. I'm pretty sure that KU will love that idea.

If you like this idea on my Lawrence Kansas blog, feel free to let me know on the comments here on The Lawrence Kansas Club page on Facebook.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)