April Fools! Happy Birthday A.J.

 


My birthday is coming up really quick. So if you’re reading this right now, you get to wish me a happy birthday.


Anyways, let’s get down to business. Shall we?


When my family and I lived in Lawrence Kansas, every year I have a special day on April 1st. I celebrate my birthday on April Fools’ Day. That’s the day when I was born. So when I come back to Lawrence to live here once again the first time here again, I wanna have a special birthday party here at South Park Lawrence. My friends from back home that I know will be there as I invite them. It’ll originally be like the saying in the invitation, “Please come to my birthday party”. Here’s some ideas for my next future birthday party, and this time it’ll be a nostalgic throwback blast from the past with a Nickelodeon theme. And this time, it'll be at the South Park Gazebo.


1. We’ll need some music to play

2. Party supplies

3. Homemade Nickelodeon slime

4. A special birthday cake

5. Snacks and soda

More updates soon…


Anyway, listen to my story. It started in 2004, I’ll never forget the time when Stephanie and I went down to Mr. Gatti’s and hung out together for some pizza and games. It was a great time. That was when we got together to hold my mama Gina a surprise birthday party for her. When she arrived, she was really surprised to see all of us here together. We were inside a special place somewhere in Clinton Parkway next to where the Hy-Vee grocery store is usually located. My friends and family were all there and we celebrated her surprise birthday party. It was a really great time coming here.



Now here’s something my mom and I did when we were in downtown Lawrence. Remember my friend Chris O’Brien? Well, me and my mom went down to Chris’s house and celebrated his birthday there. We had a lot of fun, played plenty of games, hit a piñata, and we had a great time there too! There was a lot of music played there also. Shout out to Joe O’Brien and his son Chris. This is for you!


I’ll never forgot all the birthday memories that we all shared for decades. Whenever I share them, it brings back so many memories again and again.

So whenever the time comes, I’ll be back in Lawrence to celebrate my next birthday. I really hope that we can celebrate my next birthday in South Park.



But, if I wanna celebrate my next birthday at South Park in Lawrence when I move back here, a couple thing to need to know about. When we celebrate my birthday party in Lawrence once again. We gotta get things set up like setting up the tables, and games, snacks, soda, and others set up, get the piñata ready, make our homemade Nickelodeon green slime (just like on Nickelodeon), create a special playlist, even get catering on pizza too. Oh, and we also would like to do a special outdoor movie showing. Like for example, we can watch Good Burger, Rugrats In Paris, Jimmy Neutron, or The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Remember it’s your call. So why don’t we make this work, shall we. Time to get busy.





Now… you would expect me to say something about what happened on my 10th birthday. How I was getting the first PlayStation game console set up, but somehow mama Gina and I were having trouble getting it set up. I was really worried about that, and I knew that everything was going wrong. But there’s nothing bad to say about it anyway cause everything’s okay. And by the time we finally got the PlayStation set up, I played some video games. And I tell you, it was awesome for the very first time. One time I played the Rugrats In Paris The Movie video game, and playing as one of the Rugrats character was pretty cool. This is why I’m always a Nickelodeon kid growing up. Now on my birthday dinner outing, we went out to eat someplace and enjoyed some great food with my family. Now I’m not sure what that place was, but I can tell you that I remember the time I looked around and I saw the Jackson 5 on the TV. I didn’t realize that American Bandstand was playing. 

(Pretty nostalgic, don’t you agree?)




On my 15th birthday, I got a Now That’s What I Call Music 15 CD for myself. And ever since I started collecting the NOW series, I’m always into some really good music. Then we all got together and ate some dinner at Paddy’s BBQ (I don’t remember that place though). You know how much I really enjoy good barbecue food. Those ribs are really just amazing, and I love going to that place when I was young.




I also remember that time I went to Applebee’s to also celebrate my birthday there. Even though I went there by myself, the friendly staff got me a lava cake, which was really really good. I wonder why Applebee's isn't around in Lawrence anymore, but I hope that someday Applebee's will come back into town again someday.




I can also remember the time I celebrated a birthday party for a friend of mine back in the 90s. We hung out together inside the house, played games, watched Disney movies, and listen to The Lion King soundtrack on CD.

When I meant The Lion King, I really mean this one.




Now on my 34th birthday, I got a huge present from my mom. We got to go to Norway and Greenland the second time we were on the Norwegian Star Cruise Line. It was the best trip ever. I'll talk more about this later on.


But for now, let's continue. Because I'll be turning 35 real soon.


Think about this!


Whenever I have a birthday coming up on April 1st, I think about the good times and the memories I’ve thought about sharing with my family and friends. And the way I see it, it makes me wonder. What do I want to do for my birthday? (Good question, buddy.) Well, I can tell you a thing or two. When I have another birthday coming up in April while I’m back in Lawrence, I might wanna think about celebrating it in South Park. But you already knew it, didn’t you. And we’ll get to that later on. Another way we can celebrate is someplace here at one of my favorite places I love going to in the past. That place is where I can go bowling and play arcade games. Do you know where? That’s your hint.


Royal Crest Lanes!





That would be the second place to plan my next birthday party here! We can have fun, enjoy a game of 🎳, play arcade games, and have some cake! I know what you’re thinking. “Have your cake and eat it too.” I agree though.




I’ve always thought for a minute on that too. There’s also Wayne & Larry’s where I can go out to eat too. (But you already knew that one too. Right?) This is like the real deal we really need right here. So that will be my next idea on where to celebrate. I can’t wait to see what we got in store real soon or later.


I wonder what I might be doing if my friends held a surprise party here at Wayne & Larry’s (Right next to Royal Crest Lanes).



Anyway if you like my special new blog entry you’re reading right now, feel free to help me set things up for when I have a birthday coming up and we’ll put together a special surprise birthday party. Right now it’s time to wrap things up and get my 35th birthday started real soon. And as always, have a great day and hope you guys can wish me a happy birthday.


Here’s to you!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)