How to Plan a 'Welcome Back' Party

 

Hey there folks, welcome back! Now you might not have heard about this before but pretty soon when I move back to Lawrence Kansas, I want to celebrate with them by throwing a very special 'Welcome Back' party. Now the question to that one is "How does it work?"

Well, let's review.

First off, I’m gonna start off by getting everyone together from Lawrence Kansas here at ‘The Lawrence Kansas Club’ on Facebook and help them plan ahead for the party. And when the time comes, the party begins and I’m back in Lawrence once again.

In case you might be considering this party a great idea, it will look kinda like this.


Here’s the scoop. We need everyone including my friends in Lawrence to get together for this special time when I come back to live in Lawrence Kansas.

So here’s what we need for the party:

Some music

Pizza [Courtesy of Pizza Shuttle]

Snacks (Potato chips, Pringles, Cheese puffs, etc.)

Soda (Coca-Cola, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Cream Soda, Root Beer)


These are the things we need for the special party for when I’m ready to come back again. 

And now, here’s some people who will participate for the special party.

Nancy Trober

Lois Orth-Lopes

Eric & Jill Fitzmorris along with girls

Stephanie Harsin

David Ade

Darrell Andrew

Tracie Norris

Jenny Rovel Jones

Christy J. Miller

Kurt Henning

Elizabeth Tally

Erin Campbell

Sebastian Alfie

Rose Proctor

Jack Kevin Proctor

Terri Laddusaw

Joe O’Brien

Nick Carswell

Jason Slote

Michael Paull

Steve Mason

Ingrid Yew

Kimberly Williams

Mary Williams

Matthew Cannon

Donald Hutchins

Dylan and Kaitlin Rose Woods

Jayme Lisher Savage

Ranita Wilks

Kay Emerson

Jason and Sam (Trace AD)

Will Oliver

Andrew Nussbaum

Anthony Schwager

Sally Martin

Brett Mosiman

Yung CavageBoi Nox

Tom Maniac

Marcel ‘Speed Mack’ Zachary

Now here’s what will happen next before we celebrate. When we celebrate my return to Lawrence, we need to find a location here in downtown Lawrence.

So my choice would be at South Park in Lawrence.


A beautiful community park with a variety of recreational opportunities. Located south of downtown.

So if I can bring Lawrence’s Finest Rap Group “Word of Mouth” here, we can watch them perform. Heck, I can tell them about the new beats and songs I’ve made. Now I know that I already made the ‘Word of Mouth’ logo for them by e-mail, so I might be able to brainstorm on the debut album’s artwork. It could be something that I made, a collage piece, or some artwork I recently find on the web. But not just ‘Word of Mouth’ performing in South Park, but also Jack Kevin Proctor’s band 88er, and the fiddlers courtesy of Americana Music Academy.

And the best part of that is the part will also maybe have the mascots Big Jay and Baby Jay. 8km sure they’ll be really happy to see me again.


A couple more choices for this party would also be Abe and Jake’s Landing or maybe the 1st floor down here in the Hawks Nest at the KU Memorial Union.





Now listen carefully. If we can make this happen when I come back to Lawrence, I’ll take the time to reunite with all of my friends here and finally get together again. Why? Because Lawrence Kansas will always and forever be my hometown, and I really miss living there. That’s why coming back to Lawrence to live there once again is always my dream. That way I can continue on with my future there and come up with yet more of the new future ideas Lawrence has to offer.

This one also goes out to everyone including all of my friends who are reading this blog entry right now. Here’s to you all!

Okay moving on to the next part. Music.

This special party will not only feature live music here in South Park, but a variety of music genre picks and the songs I like listening to courtesy of my choice. Here’s my list of some music I wanna consider for this party.

My music genre choices:

1. Alternative Rock

2. New Wave

3. College Rock

4. Indie Rock/Indie Pop

5. Pop Music

6. Hip Hop

7. Classic Stuff


I will pick some choices of the songs perfect for the party.

[Song requests are also included too.]


The reason that I really wanna come back is that I really miss Lawrence so much ever since my dad and I visited there like for the last two years. And I’m happy that finally got the time to write about it and talk about it on my blog. And to top it up, I will also let you know on that special ‘Welcome Back’ party on ‘The Lawrence Kansas Club’ page here on Facebook, that way we can keep on chatting about it until the time comes. 

My dad and I will keep on talking about until it’s time. What I wanna do when I’m back in Lawrence is pick up where I once left off, try some new places to eat out, go cruising around the neighborhood, get some more exercise at LGA, at the community building, and at the Rec center, find a new condo/townhome somewhere, and much more of something to do think of and do. Of course not to mention getting together with my friends and joining Best Buddies again! It’s gonna be a huge blast for the very first time again in my life, and it’s gonna be really fun again.

Okay. Now when I’m living in Lawrence Kansas again, I’m gonna need somebody to help me get some groceries for my condo, help me get a job somewhere in downtown Lawrence, come up with my own schedule to keep in track the things I can do daily including special events, spending the holidays, summer plans including swimming, ride the ‘T’ bus to anywhere in town, and have much more fun too. In fact, when I get my friends here from Walmart in Bluffton to visit me in person and by FaceTime, I will finally give them a tour around Lawrence, that way we can get in touch with each other. A tour around Lawrence would be like the first time my friends in South Carolina would be their first time visiting there and I hope that they’ll love my tour around Lawrence. When I tour around Lawrence with my friends from Bluffton/Hilton Head, the first thing I’m gonna do is walk around or ride around downtown Lawrence. I’m gonna show them around downtown and see what the buzz is all about. Second of all, I’m gonna take them on a tour around KU where it’s home to the Jayhawks. I will walk around the places I really enjoy here. From the natural history museum and the Kansas Union to the Spencer Art Music and the KU Memorial Stadium.  Next, I’m gonna tour around the Americana Music Academy where the jam sessions are always held here, South Park in Lawrence, and the schools where I used to go to in my younger years. And after the tour is done, they’re gonna flip out and be really amazed when they see Lawrence for the very first time. I can’t wait to see what their first tour around Lawrence will look like when I plan on it sometime. I might even take one of them out to lunch at someplace that they’ve never gone to before. That’ll be awesome to try out too.

My participants for the Lawrence Kansas tour are:
Jacqueline Turner
Zamara Salguero
Harrisene Clemens
Demetrius Ling
Alexander Ortiz
Benny Clubb
Sharon Hayward
Cathey Frazier
Davada Bacote
John Stevens
Matthew Fraleigh
Tamiah Peterkin
Donald Eckler
John Gremillion
Katerina Plew Kelly
Tim and Dana
Etc.


And another thing that will be also cool is to have one of my friends send my some nice welcome back gifts for me to enjoy.

My welcome back gifts will be:

Some custom made t-shirts from ACME

(I’ll give Stephanie Harsin and others a little holler on some new shirt designs. My shirt size is XXXL. As always.

A couple special custom music mix CDs

(From my friends)


[My tracklist of my choice for the ‘Welcome Back’ mix]

1. S Club - These Are The Days
2. The Low Stars - Calling All Friends
3. Mêlée - You Make My Dreams
4. Maria Mena - Just a Little Bit
5. Jimmy Eat World - Work
6. Bobby Helms - Sunny
7. Lyle Lovett - 12th of June
8. Pretenders - Let The Sun Come In
9. Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle - This One’s From The Heart
10. Luke Combs - Fast Car
11. Sugar Ray - When It’s Over
12. Fall Out Boy - We Didn’t Start The Fire
13. Nikka Costa - Everybody Got Their Something
14. Gavin DeGraw - Follow Through
15. Leo Kottke - The Banks of Marble
16. Dave Matthews Band - Everyday
17. The Jayhawks - Blue
18. The Wallflowers - Heroes
19. Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem - Rock On
20. The Vaughan Brothers - Tick Tock


[And here's my tracklist for the 'Welcome Back Vol. 2' mix]

1. Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
2. GROUPLOVE - Tongue Tied
3. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
4. Smash Mouth - I’m A Believer
5. Sleepy Dog - Space Cadet
6. Hot Hot Heat - Goodnight Goodnight
7. Buffalo Tom - Sodajerk
8. New Radicals - You Get What You Give
9. Eagle Eye Cherry & Nenah Cherry - Long Way Around
10. Vanessa Hudgens - Say OK
11. The Format - The First Single (You Know Me)
12. The Vaselines - Son Of A Gun
13. Bearstronaut - Shadow
14. Outkast - Hey Ya
15. The Kicks - MIR
16. Uncle Kracker - Follow Me [DJ Homocide Remix]
17. Fountains of Wayne - Stacy’s Mom
18. Death Cab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body
19. Good Old War - Never Gonna See Me Cry
20. Reggie And The Full Effect - Take Me Home, Please

 

I’ll give a couple more updates on the mixes and playlists later on. Fingers crossed!

 
 


And as always, a couple new posters made by Jayhawk Ink

Posters:

Hootie & The Blowfish Album Poster



Madvillain Album Poster



MF DOOM Mm..Food Album Poster



The Strokes Room On Fire Album Poster



Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness Album Cover



The Bravery The Sun And The Moon Album Cover



(I’ll have to e-mail a couple of choices for my next square poster on album art or others like them. I’ll also show them to you on Facebook too.)


And P.S.  If you’d like, maybe I can sell some paintings for you and my friends too.


Okay. So when it’s time for me to move back Lawrence soon, it’ll be time to plan ahead on that special party for me coming back. This special ‘Welcome Back’ party is the perfect thing to start off my continuing journey here in Lawrence Kansas. Another reason for going back to Lawrence is that I wanna be able to see my friends and even join KU Best Buddies once again. I haven’t joined Best Buddies for a long time ever since I moved to South Carolina to live in Bluffton. I know I said it before, but I’ll say that yet again. And like I always said, I’ll let my dad know when the time comes. In the meantime, let me know on the club’s page on Facebook what ideas you can think of for my trip back to Lawrence. Cause I’d really love to hear from you. Share your thoughts and ideas about anything Lawrence has to offer. I’ll send you some ideas of some welcome back gifts you can give me. Well anyways, that’s all for this blog. Check back later for more blog entries and I’ll see you guys next time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)