My Next Lawrence Dream Job

 


Okay. Before I start this blog, I wanna tell you my story about how I worked somewhere in Lawrence. Ever since, I got a job in Lawrence Kansas, I wanted to do the one thing I always do. When I go to work every week, I save up a lot of money. It all started when I was a student here at Free State High School and I worked at the cafeteria for dishwashing and clean up duty. I also got to work at the laundry room with Mrs. Moore when I got the chance to wash towels and fold them when they’re dry. I got along with the people here at Free State. My second job was at a radio station at 3125 W 6th St. It was originally Lazer 105.9, but now it’s 105.9 KISS-FM. I did some filing, worked on the computer, and volunteered too. I even got to meet Chris Merrill of ‘Merrill In The Morning’ one time. My next job was at Westlake Hardware at 711 W 23rd St. I swept the floor from inside and outside the store, watered plants, and sorted the hardware products. Then, I got to work here at KU , and it was at Joseph R. Pearson Hall where I got to meet Noelle Kurth. I did plenty of work there and made good money there too. And after that, I got to work at the Douglas County Courthouse where I met Steve and all the people there. Barbara was also there too and she was also friendly too. I got to do sales project, draw sketches of buildings and houses, and did ‘bubble’ projects on paper too. It was a great time there to make money too. Okay, and now here are my top five places to work in Lawrence Kansas.


5. The Lawrence Antique Mall







The reason I’ve thought about working there is because of the vintage and authentic scenery with a wide selection of various knick knacks and it’s also a great atmosphere for shopping too. The staff is just friendly, it’s an ice and clean shop to experience ever since I first came here to look around. The Antique Mall used to also have the store ‘Fun & Games’ up the stairs, but suddenly it’s not there anymore. Just the Antique mall in Lawrence.


4. Game Nut Entertainment



My only reason to choose the place to work here, is that I love playing video games ever since I was a kid. It’s the place where people can but , sell, or trade video games, music CDs, DVDs, and movies. Plus, it’s even got board games and comic books too. The place has two locations. One in Mass St., and one in 2329 Iowa St. For me, I choose the one on 813 Mass St. because it’s downtown Lawrence’s original spot. I could work here from 10AM to 2PM just like I do at Walmart. I can work on some activities in this store to make money such as getting filing done, cleaning Blu-rays and other products, troubleshooting, all that stuff. Why? Because it’s fast-paced, but fun and engaging. And I can meet up with my fellow co-workers and meet some interesting people in case there’s special events happening here at Game Nut. I can even come up with the perfect playlist to play during work hours. For example, I would create my own mix that matches my style of gamer music. But we’ll get to that later on. Would that be really cool? And during break time, I can grab myself some lunch for a quick bite to eat or maybe order food from Jimmy John’s and have it delivered.


3. Love Garden Sounds





In case you already know, Love Garden is a full service record store that sells music CDs, LPs, and much more every day. And it’s located at 822 Mass. St.  If I were to work there for part-time, I would probably take the time to do some sell them Music of their choices, set up some new releases up to date, etc. The one thing that I’m a little concerned of is that I have an allergic reaction to cats, so in that case I might need to be careful. You know what they say… Once you go in to Love Garden, all your frustrations will be forgotten.


2. Kansas Sampler/Rally House




In a support for the Jayhawks, Kansas Sampler is where it’s at. The place where they sell Jayhawk merchandise and other Kansas stuff in this store. If you’re looking a place for all things Kansas, then Kansas Sampler is the place for you.



1. ACME



The hot & fresh place for custom t-shirts located at 847 Massachusetts. The reason I wanna work here is that there's plenty of shirts to choose from. Usually, I come over and make up my own t-shirt for fun, and then I order it any way I like. For instance, I like my t-shirt with my favorite images I put here on the front. And when it’s done, I pickup my shirt order. If I feel like working here at ACME, I can have fun and work together to create custom shirts anytime during work time and for free time. And get along with the ACME staff too. Just a thought. Or is it?


Okay, before I close out, here’s my honorable mentions of where to work in the future.

1. Lawrence Public Library
2. River Rat Print and Skate
3. Sunflower Outdoor & Bike Shop
4. Waxman Candles
5. Mass Street Soda
6. Lawrence Arts Center
7. Framewoods Gallery
8. Brits
9. Mass Street Music
10. Americana Music Academy
11. Striped Cow
12. Third Planet Imports
13. Downtown Barber
14. Urban Outfitters
15. Wonder Fair Gallery
16. Earthbound Trading Co.
17. Phoenix Gallery
18. Lawrence Farmer's Market
19. Jefferson's
20. Sunfire Ceramics



Okay, so now you know what it’s like when working in Lawrence on a daily basis. My favorite part of getting a job there is working part-time, and that’s why I pick doing that three days a week. When I work somewhere in the Lawrence Kansas area, I might think of ways to find a job somewhere downtown. I’m thinking of working somewhere in downtown Lawrence once again so that I can keep making money for years to come. In a few more years, I’ll get in touch with the people in Cottonwood and see what’s up. This will take more than a while but it could happen in the future eventually. If anyone likes my blog entry, let me know on some ideas for my next dream job in downtown Lawrence. In the meantime, that’s it for today. Check back later for pictures of Wakarusa 2006. I have a picture of The Flaming Lips in concert where the lead singer crowd surfed inside a plastic bubble.

Peace out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)