"May" There Be Plenty of Stories And Ideas (May Issue)

"May" There Be Plenty of Stories And Ideas [May Issue]

 In the month of May, it's almost summertime. But first off, Memorial Day comes. Right now, I wanna talk about the next ideas for the month of May right here in Lawrence Kansas.

Every May on the 27th-30th, there's a Busker Festival downtown. According to Downtown Lawrence's website, it says here that it's four-day street performer festival in the fun, funky and historic downtown of Lawrence, KS. Over 25 different acts are scheduled and lots of surprises on the streets. Best of all, its free to attend. Only you decide how much to tip the performers.




At the Lawrence Busker Festival, things can get really weird every year.

My future idea for attending the Busker Festival is to bring my Axtell puppet with me to the event and do a little segment.  If I had to pick one puppet to take with me, it would be either Buzzy the Bee or Rocky Fox. For example, if Buzzy wants to talk about music at the festival, he would interview guitar players who are playing outside the store's entrance. Or if he wants to talk about poetry or whatever poetry books you read daily, he'd check out slam poetry at one of Dave Loewenstein's murals. Just a thought...at least for now.

Another idea. My next idea would be me selling some paintings to people who attend it. Or maybe I can participate at the Art Tougeau (Pre parade party) at the Lawrence Arts Center. Won't that be fun? So maybe when I come back in the future, I can attend the Busker Festival in downtown Lawrence. Because you know what they say, what you see is what you get.

My next idea for the month of May here is maybe I can join Van Go's summer program and come up with new art ideas. For instance, maybe come up with another idea of a sculpture idea for downtown Lawrence so that everyone can see it.


Okay now, let's move on. This is the good part, but first...

I have an idea for the next event, this time at Cordley. I wanna entertain kids once again with my Axtell puppets, not just Buzzy. So I would like to do another puppet show before the school year ends.

Now here's the good part.

In Lawrence, I'm in the mood for some barbecue. So I've thought about a Memorial Day barbecue down at South Park. So I might need to invite my friends here, bring in the burgers, hot dogs, and ribs along with snacks and sodas, and find some music to play for the barbecue. I remember when I got to attend a baby shower for Mijanou Burger. And I gotta tell you right now, it was really great. Especially when she played some really good reggae music.


Now...where to begin with next. Oh yeah!


Maybe next up, I can meet up with Lois Orth-Lopes and Sebastian for lunch at The Mad Greek. I love going there on such notice. We can talk about some things, and some new ideas for some more entertainment here at Cordley Elementary. I can do more puppet entertainment for the kids, come up with some special video entertainment to educate the kids, etc.

And as for Memorial Day, I pick an outdoor barbecue in South Park, so I can enjoy a summer time cookout with my friends back home.

When I come back in the far future, I can enjoy the Busker festival once again, plan a Memorial Day barbecue, and get together with Lois and Sebastian for lunch.

Oops, I almost forgot. The Van Go idea.

Now, where to find another place for the next mural idea. It must be another here somewhere I think. For now, to be continued.

I hope that this month of May ideas and stories really help.

Cause it's like what *NSYNC said, "Guess what, It's gonna be May!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode To My Favorite Teacher, Lois Orth-Lopes

My C-Tran Story

My Two Special Tributes (Rachel & Jennifer Unruh)